A Look Back At...
2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 |Timeline
The Stories - page 2:
July 4th - The BBC reveals that Rupert Grint contracted the swine flu and was recovering. Rupert has a full recovery and jokes about his run in with the swine flu in later interviews.
July 6th - Actors at the UK premiere of Half-Blood Prince honor murdered actor Robert Knox by wearing ribbons in his memory.
July 12th - MuggleNet posts its video interviews from the United Kingdom (here) and United States (here) premiere of Half-Blood Prince.
July 15th - Half-Blood Prince sets a midnight release record with $22.2 million in ticket sales.
July 15th - Hopes for John Williams to score Deathly Hallows begin to soar when Half-Blood Prince composer Nicholas Hooper reveals he won't return for the final film.
July 16th - We learn that Half-Blood Prince pulls in $58.4 million during the first 24 hours at the box office.
July 16th - Jamie Waylett pleads guilty to cannabis possession after being caught harvesting the illegal drug in his home in June.
July 16th - Half-Blood Prince sets a world record with $104 million worth of ticket sales in the first 24 hours in theaters globally.
July 21st - After months of rumors, Emma Watson announces that she'll be attending Brown University starting in the Fall semester.
July 21st - Jamie Waylett is ordered to do 120 hours of community service for growing cannabis plants in his home. He issues a statement apologizing to Potter fans as well as to those at Warner Brothers.
July 22nd - It is announced that Harry Potter: the Exhibition will move to Boston and open on October 25th.
August 19th - Joshua Herdman reveals at a Potter fan conference that current plans for the Deathly Hallows split have it occurring right after being captured by the Snatchers and right before heading to Malfoy Manor. It is the first time we hear from a cast/crew member about where the films will be split. Herdman also reveals that they'll be taking Jamie Waylett's character out of the films.
- Ian Rankin reveals that the last time he saw JK Rowling, she was working on a Potter
Encyclopedia and drawing out family trees. It is not known at what time he saw her doing these, though.
- Universal Studios Orlando announcing several new sketches, videos, and details surrounding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. They also confirm it will open in Spring 2010.
- To the surprise of many, JK Rowling becomes a Twitter member. She says she created the account to put an end to all fake ones and reveals that "pen and paper are her priority at the moment."
- Half-Blood Prince
breaks the $300 million mark in the United States and reaches over $900 million worldwide.
- The month of October marks the 10th anniversary of MuggleNet.com. To celebrate, the site releases several anniversary features throughout the month.
- President George W. Bush's former speech writer claims that JK Rowling was denied the US Presidential Award by the Bush administration because the Potter
books promoted witchcraft.
- JK Rowling says at a fashion show that she is working on something, but it's not Potter
- A single mother in the United Kingdom is asked by Warner Brothers to change things up at her Halloween party because she did not receive permission to sell tickets for the small event at her home.
- The Times Online publishes a list of the largest films of 2010, and they believe Iron Man 2
will be bigger than Harry Potter
. Their opinion surprises fans.
- The building where JK Rowling wrote Sorcerer's Stone
re-opens and turns into a cafe again after it had been turned into a Chinese buffet years earlier.
- We learn for the first time that Dan Radcliffe will be "bare" for a part of Deathly Hallows
. David Yates says it occurs when Ron experiences nightmarish visions of Harry and Hermione embracing.
- The first official photo from Deathly Hallows
is released by USA Today. It depicts Harry, Ron and Hermione walking somewhere in London.
- David Yates comments further on the bare Deathly Hallows
scenes, noting that Dan will be bare twice. The first time will come in the aforementioned visions Ron has and the second time will occur in the Kings Cross scenes. He also revealed his favorite scene is one not found in the book.
- The first trailer for Deathly Hallows
appears online after premiering on the Half-Blood Prince
DVD. It includes a intro by David Yates and David Heyman which reveals additional behind-the-scenes footage.
- The Half-Blood Prince
DVD and Sorcerer's Stone
/Chamber of Secrets
Ultimate Edition DVDs are released in the United States and around the globe.
- It is announced that Harry Potter: the Exhibition will next be moving to Ontario, Canada for an April 9th opening.
- Dan Radcliffe and David Barron host a digital community screening of Half-Blood Prince
for fans who have a Blu-Ray copy of the film. Fans were able to watch the film live with Dan and David and ask them questions.
- MuggleCast wins the Best Entertainment award at the 2009 Podcast Awards. It marks the third year our podcast receives a Podcast Award thanks to the support from our listeners.
- The Half-Blood Prince
DVD tops United States and United Kingdom sales charges after a successful first week on store shelves.
Back to Page 1...