Earlier today, author J.K. Rowling’s interview with Oprah Winfrey aired on television here in the United States.
For a complete recap, be sure to check out this page.
Some interesting comments and quotes from Jo:
- \”Failure is so important. We speak about success all the time. It is the ability to resist failure or use failure that often leads to greater success. I’ve met people who don’t want to try for fear of failing.\”
- \”The books wouldn’t be what they are if she [her mother] hadn’t died. At least half of Harry’s journey is dealing with death. It’s there on every single page. If she hadn’t died I don’t think it is too strong to say there wouldn’t be Harry Potter.\”
- \”At the time I felt a need to deny how great the pressure was – that was my way of coping. There were times I was barely hanging by a thread.\”
- \”I am not pushing any belief system. The scene in [Hallows] was an allusion to a belief system I was raised on. I think it [the evil] makes it legitimate for parents to say that this a little old for my child.\”
- \”I could easily write an eighth or ninth. I feel I am done, but you never know.\”