Visual Effects Society announces nominations: “Deathly Hallows – Part 2” included
Today, the Visual Effects Society announced their nominations for the 10th Annual VES Awards.
Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows – Part 2 received five (5) nominations:
– Outstanding Visual Effects in a Visual Effects-Driven Feature Motion Picture
– Outstanding Animated Character in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture
– Outstanding Created Environment in a Live Action Feature Motion Picture
– Outstanding Models in a Feature Motion Picture
– and Outstanding Compositing in a Feature Motion Picture
These Visual Effects nominations are significant in that they generally lead to a nod in the Academy Awards Visual Effects nominations.
The VES Awards Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, February 7.
Thanks to Ra for the tip!