Pottermore CEO Charlie Redmayne talks about future releases and content
On April 15, the CEO of the interactive Harry Potter website, Pottermore, spoke at the London Book Fair’s Digital Minds Conference. During this conference, he spoke about Pottermore’s statistics, features, releases, and the future of the site. You can hear his whole speech in the audio file above.
Here are some of the most interesting points:
– 97% of beta users looked at every single page of the site and content.
– Average Pottermore user spent (spends) 47 minutes on the site.
– New books in line over the next few weeks and months.
– Fans mostly come to the site to read J.K. Rowling’s new content
– Over the next few weeks they will be switching their focus from platform issues to content issues, in which the site is going to get ‘incredibly exciting’ and his job will become ‘much more exciting.’ He also commented that the site will get ‘better and better and better’
– Over the coming weeks you will see more of J.K. Rowling’s content and books ‘fly by’
– New interactives and community functionalities will be added in the coming weeks as well.
– He is constantly thinking about a digital future for Harry Potter on all platforms – tablets, phones, etc. He thinks that they should be thinking about what they can do on Facebook and YouTube.
– Could be seeing ‘enhanced’ eBooks coming down the line in the next year.
Charlie Redmayne will be speaking at a conference in New York on May 23 called paidContent: At the Crossroads.
Special thanks to Hypable for the tip!