MuggleCast #267: “Cuckoo for ‘Cuckoo'” now available!
Episode #267 is a special edition of our Harry Potter podcast, dedicated solely to the recent reveal that J.K. Rowling has released a crime novel under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. Join Andrew, Eric, Selina, and Micah as we discuss the details, including how the story broke, why we think J.K.R. chose to publish under a pseudonym, whether the publisher made the reveal on purpose, where we were when the news happened, whether we plan to read, and much more!
– J.K. Rowling’s BIG REVEAL: she’s written and published a new book, a crime thriller titled The Cuckoo’s Calling under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith, two months ago!
– Where were we when the announcement was made? Did we stop what we were doing and grab a copy?
– Are there enough copies in stores for everyone? No. The book is heading fast towards being out of print!
– A second print run is on its way already, but with the reveal in them. Will original books be worth something more?
– Andrew recounts how the story broke
– Was this reveal PLANNED by the publisher?
– Reviews of the book before people knew. Largely positive!
– Are Harry Potter fans also J.K. Rowling fans? Will our love transcend the genres?
– After the reveal, Amazon sales increased 507,000%. How many copies is that?!
– What sort of following will this book have?
– Will the sequel also be written under the pseudonym?
For more information about the show, you can check out the MuggleCast website. If you haven’t already, you can always subscribe to the podcast via iTunes. Or, to listen directly (or download the show), you can click here.