Harry Potter film stars Evanna Lynch, James Phelps, and Oliver Phelps are slated to appear at “A Celebration of Harry Potter” – a special event hosted by Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment that will celebrate all of Harry’s adventures, from the beloved books to the feature films. Creative talent also set to appear includes Kazu Kibuishi, the award-winning artist who recently re-imagined the Harry Potter book covers, and Eduardo Lima and Miraphora Mina of MinaLima, who established the visual graphic style of the Harry Potter films.
From January 24 – 26, 2014, at Universal Orlando, fans will enjoy unforgettable experiences – including a Harry Potter tribute on Friday night, a Harry Potter expo, panel discussions with film talent and crew, and more. Additional details about “A Celebration of Harry Potter” will be released early next year.
Access to “A Celebration of Harry Potter” is included with regular theme park admission or with an annual pass. Those without an annual pass can experience the full offering with a three-day park-to-park ticket. Admission into panel events will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
Event details are below:
“A CELEBRATION OF HARRY POTTER” PANEL DISCUSSIONS
The panels will be held in a theater-style setting and will include discussions and Q&A’s with Harry Potter film talent and crew. Admission into the theaters will be granted on a first come, first served basis. Specific panel times will be released at a later date.
Panel descriptions are below:
- A Harry Potter Tribute: “A Celebration of Harry Potter” will kick off with a special evening event starring several cast members of the Harry Potter film series and award-winning artist Kazu Kibuishi, who recently re-imagined the Harry Potter book covers for Scholastic and beautifully captured pivotal scenes from the enchanting Harry Potter stories. Guests will enjoy film clips, Q&A sessions with cast members, and get a glimpse of new details about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, opening summer 2014.
- My Life on the Harry Potter Film Set: Talent Q&A’s: Actors from the Harry Potter films share what it’s like to work on a major motion picture and be part of film history.
- Duelling Demonstration & Wand Combat Masterclass with Paul Harris Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter will present a spellbinding masterclass with the world’s only wand combat choreographer, Paul Harris. Paul choreographed the epic battle scene in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and will be on hand to teach you the technique behind wielding a wand.
- Graphic Design for the Harry Potter Films with MinaLima: Graphic designers Eduardo Lima and Miraphora Mina from the studio MinaLima will discuss their ten-year involvement in establishing the visual graphic style on the film productions of Harry Potter and present some of the iconic props they created for the films, including the Marauder’s Map, the Daily Prophet, and the Quibbler.
- Bringing the Harry Potter Films to the Theme Park – Set and Prop Design of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Harry Potter film and theme park set designer Alan Gilmore and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Prop Master Eric Baker will present a look at how ideas move from the books to screen and then become real-life theme park experiences.
- Go Behind the Scenes of Pottermore.com from J.K. Rowling: Pottermore’s creative director gives exclusive insight into the creation of Moment artwork for Pottermore.com and a look at the next installment of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Plus, get ready for an exclusive reveal as he shares his favorite upcoming new entry from J.K. Rowling.
Expo booth descriptions are below:
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition: Guests will get an up-close look at the artistry and craftsmanship that went into creating the iconic costumes that have appeared throughout the Harry Potter film series. They will also have the opportunity to get sorted into Hogwarts houses during a Sorting Hat experience.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London: This interactive experience will feature a duelling presentation by the world’s only wand combat choreographer, Paul Harris.
- MinaLima: Limited edition artworks and reproductions based on original prop designs will be on display, including iconic pieces, such as the Marauder’s Map and the Daily Prophet. A selection of original graphic props from the films will also be on display, and on hand to meet guests will be Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima.
- Pottermore from J.K. Rowling: Go behind the scenes of Pottermore.com from J.K. Rowling. Find out how Moments from Harry’s story are created from the first sketch to the final splash of color, get an exclusive look at artwork that has not yet been released, and experience Pottermore.com for yourself – defeat your opponent in a wizard’s duel or try your hand at brewing magical draughts and potions.
- Scholastic: Celebrate the 15th anniversary of the US publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and share your message about what Harry Potter means to you. Award-winning artist Kazu Kibuishi, who recently reimagined the Harry Potter book covers, will be signing posters at limited times throughout the weekend.
- United States Postal Service: Guests can check out the limited-edition Harry Potter collection of twenty new Forever stamps, featuring images of Harry Potter, the extraordinary boy wizard, and the adventures he encounters with the friends, heroes, villains, and creatures that make up his world. Also, see collectible products featuring the stamps, meet the stamp art director, and get special cancellation postmarks commemorating this celebration.
For more information about the event and tickets, visit www.universalorlando.com/celebration.