LIVE webcast from Universal Orlando reveals new information from Wizarding World – Diagon Alley
The highly anticipated webcast from Universal Orlando featuring Universal Creative and talent from the film series has just concluded. In this webcast we learned new and exciting information regarding the expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley in Orlando, Florida.
The following information was released:
- Board the Hogwarts Express and journey between London’s King’s Cross station (located in Universal Studios Florida) and Hogsmeade station (located in Universal’s Islands of Adventure). The journey will be filled with views of London and the British countryside – as well as a few surprises. Park-to-park admission is required.
- Experience a groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts, which will place riders in the middle of an incredible adventure as they navigate their way through the perils of the Gringotts vaults.
- Witness the magical experience of a wand choosing a wizard at Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands Since 382 BC, one of the wizarding world’s premier wand shops.
- Discover the darker side of magic in Knockturn Alley, the darkest of dark places, which features Borgin and Burkes – a shop specializing in the Dark Arts that will offer a wide variety of Dark objects, such as Death Eater masks, skulls, and other sinister items.
- Explore some of Diagon Alley’s famous shops, including:
- Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, a vibrant shop featuring novelty items, magical jokes, and toys inspired by the books and films that will amaze the mischievous child in everyone
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions, where guests will find a variety of wizardwear from Hogwarts school uniform ties, scarves, and sweaters, to authentic wizard’s robes and character costumes
- Magical Menagerie, which features a collection of plush animals, such as owls and hippogriffs
- Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment, where guests can grab wizarding essentials such as telescopes, binoculars, armillary spheres, compasses, magnifying glasses, and hourglasses
- Quality Quidditch Supplies, offering a wide assortment of apparel and equipment, including Quidditch sweaters, brooms, Golden Snitches, Bludgers, Bludger bats, Quaffles, and more
- Scribbulus, featuring authentic writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets, and postcards
- Enjoy traditional British fare that includes favorite dishes such as fish and chips, bangers and mash, and more at the Leaky Cauldron.
- Visit Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor for frozen treats in a variety of tantalizing and unique flavors such as “strawberry and peanut butter” and many others.
- And more!
Also announced was the expansion of the interactive website that previously housed only the Wizarding World – Hogsmeade section of Islands of Adventure. Now users will be able to explore Diagon Alley using the same interactive methods with a map of new features and experiences. This additional section of the website will continue to be updated up to and through the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
More details about the unique experiences that can be found in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be released over time. For more information about the area, visit www.universalorlando.com/harrypotter.
To read MugleNet’s construction update and site visit, read this article.