Top Ten Differences to Look Forward to at Wizarding World Hollywood
It’s almost time for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hollywood to open. Soft launches have started, and MuggleNet got a sneak peek of the new park. While the Hogsmeade in Orlando and Hollywood seem similar in theory, there are many differences in the two parks. Here are a few of the new things you can find in WWoHP Hollywood.
1. One of the most exciting changes is on the Forbidden Journey ride. Get ready to feel fully immersed in the action with the new 3D effects.
2. The street in Hogsmeade is wider, which means that the village seems larger and also gives you a little bit more room to walk around.
3. The whole area is very hilly, making Hogsmeade look like it actually is in Scotland. It has all of the beauty of Scotland with the weather of California, making it a fantastic place to visit on vacation.
4. I’m sad to report that the Dragon Challenge roller coaster did not make it into WWoHP Hollywood, but that space was put to good use. In Orlando, there is a small building with lockers specifically for the Dragon Challenge riders, but without the ride, the lockers are not necessary. Instead, there is a ticket booth and a train carriage with green screens for the perfect photo op.
5. Without the Dragon Challenge roller coaster, there is room for more storefronts, including Madame Pudifoot’s.
6. Be sure to check out Gladrags Wizardwear. The beautiful, and super comfortable, sweaters are a must have. The store also has Cho Chang’s Yule Ball dress on display.
7. The Three Broomsticks is larger and has an outdoor patio covered by a huge, Scottish tent. This means that there are more tables and therefore, a shorter wait time during dinner and lunch rushes.
8. Ollivanders is now in a new location, and the Owlery has taken the spot that Ollivanders occupies in Orlando. The new Ollivanders is larger, giving new wizards more space when buying their first wands.
9. Hogsmeade has 11 spell points, making your visit very magical. Interactive wands are worth the money when you get to cast your first spell.
10. The Frog Choir and the Triwizard Spirit Rally will both appear in Hogsmeade, but there is some new choreography in the works.
All of these changes make me very excited to visit WWoHP Hollywood. Are you planning on visiting the park? What do you think of these changes? Let us know in the comments.