We just had the pleasure of seeing Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 here in London to prepare for tomorrow's press junket with the main cast and crew.
First, check out this 5-minute overview I did with Matt from UGO and Jenna from JoBlo.
Here are a couple initial reaction notes (video review with a couple other movie website admins coming soon):
- There were a few quick moments where things not covered in previous films (that were in previous books) were added to Part 1 for clarification.
- The Harry/Hermione vision that Ron has when the Horcurx takes over is definitely - as the MPAA describes - "a brief moment of sensuality"
- We noticed a lot of nameplates in several scenes that all looked the same despite being in completely separate areas of the world. Making it easier for viewers to follow along?
- Dobby's death is as moving as you'd hope. We shed tears.
- Can we give this film a definite review yet? No. The reality is we cannot decide how good Part 1 is until we see Part 2.
- Overall, the film has a very raw feel. It's gory, it feels real, and it feels like the emotion in the book.
Friday, MuggleNet will be interviewing the stars at the Deathly Hallows - Part 1 press junket. Do you have questions for them? Let us know in the comments!