On December 21, 2006, the "Do Not Disturb" sign was removed for the final time on the J.K. Rowling Official Website. What was the secret behind the locked door? The title to the final Harry Potter book.
Of course we all know the title now, but wouldn't it be nice to re-live that special moment? Well, you can!
We are going to give you all of the clues on how to open the door below, but because we also don't want to spoil the fun for you, in order to see the instructions you will have to physically highlight the written text below:
Go on, give it a try before you highlight the instructions...it will be much more fun and challenging.
Last chance to stop and do it yourself!
NO?....ok then, here you go!
- Go to JKRowling.com. Click on the eraser on her desk.
- Set the Time Turner back to the date 21/12/06
- Click the time turner and go back in time.
- Click the knob on the open door in the mirror to see a Christmas Tree.
- Click on the top half of the main door to see a wreath.
- Click on the top of the mirror to reveal garland.
- Click on the spider web above the mirror.
- Click on the fourth chime in the window from left to right to expose the key.
- Drag the key from the chimes to the main door lock and release
- The door will open to reveal a wrapped Christmas Gift.
- Click the bow of the package to unwrap it.
- Play the game of Hangman to guess the name of the final book.
- If you lose the Hangman Game, go hide in shame!
Prior to this adventure on JKRowling.com, there were two other titles that Ms. Rowling had considered for the final book: Harry Potter and the Elder Wand and Harry Potter and the Peverell Quest. When we look back on it now, we believe that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was a terrific choice.
Posted by Keith
12-21-2011 at 2:40 PM