The 2012 Muggle Quidditch Games are officially underway at Cutteslowe Park in Oxford, UK. Five teams are competing in a Round Robin Tournament with national pride on the line as well as the chance to play the host UK team in a highly publicized exhibition match tomorrow. The exhibition match will occur on Monday at 3:30pm BST in front of thousands of spectators just before the Olympic Torch Festival at South Park.
Here is the schedule for today's Round Robin Tournament:
- 10:00-10:20 Opening ceremony (National anthems & Opening Speech)
- 10:20-10:50 UK v FR
- 10:50-11:20 US v AU
- 11:20-11:50 CA v UK
- 11:50-12:20 US v FR
- 12:20-12:50 AU v CA
- 12:50-1:20 US v UK
- 1:20-1:50 FR v AU
- 1:50-2:20 US v CA
- 2:20-2:50 UK v AU
- 2:50-3:20 FR v CA
- 3:20-3:30 Break
- 3:30-4:00 Semifinals round one (1st v 4th team based on round robin)
- 4:00-4:30 Semifinals round two (2nd v 3rd team based on round robin)
- 4:30-4:40 Break
- 4:40-5:10 Consolation match
- 5:10-5:40 Championship match (Winners from both semifinals play)
- 5:40-6:00 Closing ceremony (Presentation of medals & closing remarks)
You can follow the action on Twitter, and video coverage will be provided by Molewood Media.
Good Luck to all five National teams!
Posted by Keith
07-08-2012 at 06:15 AM