The latest episode of MuggleNet Academia is now released for your listening and academic pleasure. Lesson 6: LIVE from Ascendio 2012 - Fan Fiction and Copyright Law gives an in-depth discussion of the the impact of Copyright Law and Fair Use in the world of Fan Fiction.
Join the Host of the show, Keith Hawk, and Co-Host John Granger, The Hogwarts Professor and author of The Deathly Hallows Lectures, as we are joined by HPEF's own Heidi Tandy, who in the muggle world is an Intellectual Property Attorney.
- How is Fan Fiction viewed in terms of Fair Use vs. Copyright Infringment?
- Does J.K. Rowling approve of Fan Fiction?
- This fandom is alive and thriving because of the decisions made by WB and Rowling's agent over the years.
- Slash Fiction and Erotica Fiction are discussed
- And a Q & A session with the crowd.
To listen to the show and discover some of the great mystery writing styles of author J.K. Rowling, download the lesson right here, or head on over to iTunes. You can also listen directly from Facebook.
We ask all fans to please fill out this very short demographic survey so we can plan future shows accordingly. Additionally, please give us a rating and review of the show on iTunes, your feedback is very important to us.
For information on the lessons, professors, news in the academic world, or some of the great Harry Potter reference books, head on over to the MuggleNet Academia Section. Enjoy the show!
Posted by Keith
07-13-2012 at 4:35 PM