Are you currently involved in the fastest growing sport in the world called Muggle Quidditch? If not, now is your time for your school, college, university, or community quidditch team to join the IQA and become an official member.
Here are the benefits of becoming an official IQA member:
- Five-game season schedule
- Certified IQA referee at five official games
- Inclusion in IQA rankings
- Voting on annual rule changes
- Voting on locations of major tournaments
- Participation in polls for IQA policy development
- Participation in annual IQA membership awards
- Official certificate of membership
- Customizable team page on the IQA website
- Ability to create tournament pages on IQA website
- Advertising through social media and the press
- Free access to the IQA handbook
The IQA currently has three membership plans based on geographical location: A North America plan, Australia plan, and a global plan for teams worldwide. Each membership plan offers options for youth and adult teams, either affiliated with a school or university or community teams, and the North American and Australian plans have two tiers/benefit levels: basic and tournament.
Official membership with the IQA provides your team with a level of legitimacy in the eyes of your institution or community that being unofficial can’t match. You’ll become part of a dynamic community of over 150 other official teams all over the world who strive to play as much quidditch as possible. Official member teams are ranked by the IQA, are eligible to host official IQA tournaments, vote on all major rules changes, and vote on the location for regional championships and World Cup. As a young sport and an even younger organization, the IQA relies on collaboration with official member teams and IQA volunteers to ensure the continued growth and positive development of the league.
To apply for your team membership with the IQA, simply head on over to the International Quidditch Association website and sign up today.
Posted by Keith
08-03-2012 at 11:00 AM