The latest episode of MuggleNet Academia is now released for your listening and academic pleasure. Lesson 13: 'Political Science in the Harry Potter Series' dives into the issues of the political parties and philosophies of government and compares them to the Hogwarts Saga.
Join the Host of the show, Keith Hawk, and Co-Host John Granger, The Hogwarts Professor and author of The Deathly Hallows Lectures, as we are joined by Professor Daniel Nexon, of Georgetown University, and guest student Kara Szames of Toronto, Canada.
- Are there any analogies between World War II and the Hogwarts Saga?
- Is Voldemort a literary symbolic representation of Hitler? Are the Death Eaters the same politically as the Nazi's of Germany?
- What influence, if any, did the war on Islamist Terror have in Rowling's writing?
- What political beliefs of Rowling do we see in both 'Harry Potter' and 'The Casual Vacancy'?
- Which political party would Luna Lovegood have voted for in the past Presedential Election in the United States?
- What would Hermione and friends advocate post Benghazi about US responses to the Arab Spring?
- And much more!
To listen to the show and discover more insight into the fabulous literature of author J.K. Rowling, download the lesson right here, or head on over to iTunes. You can also listen directly from Facebook. Or simply click the "play" button in the image above.
You can also download and listen to the show through our latest mobile apps. For Android, head over to Amazon right here, and for the iOS devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch products, download the Free App called Podcast Box, then search for MuggleNet Academia.
Please give us a rating and review of the show on iTunes, your feedback is very important to us.
For information on the lessons, professors, news in the academic world, or some of the great Harry Potter reference books, head on over to the MuggleNet Academia Section. Enjoy the show!
Posted by Keith
11-14-2012 at 08:40 AM