The 2013 Muggle Quidditch season is well underway, and the upcoming weekends have quite a few tournaments for fans to attend.
Quidditch was founded in 2005 at Middlebury College by then-freshman Xander Manshel. Looking for a variation on their normal Sunday activities, Manshel and his friends laid the foundation for a game that has grown in leaps and bounds to become a widely respected, physically intense sport. Today, one of those friends, Alex Benepe - who is the current CEO and Co-Founder - has lead the sport to new heights as it is played by hundreds of teams across the globe. If you are looking to start a team, or see a match for yourself, then head to the International Quidditch Association's (IQA) website.
This Weekend - October 19th and 20th:
- Brotherly Love Cup - Philadelphia, PA (listen to the details on the latest MuggleNet Academia show)
- 3rd Annual Phoenix Cup - Oxford, OH
- Kansas Cup - Lawrence, KS
- MQC Meet - Boston, MA
- SBC Meet - Cortland - Cortland, NY
- SCQC Division 1 Fall Tournament - Westwood, CA
- 2nd Annual Wolf Pack Classic - Kenner, LA
- BAQC's Poison Apple Invitational - Hempstead, NY
- Battle of Saratoga Quidditch Tournament - Saratoga Springs, NY
- Sydney October Triwizard Tournament - Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Next Weekend - October 26th and 27th:
Be sure to get involved and find out just how great the game of Muggle Quidditch is!
Posted by Keith
10-18-2013 at 12:15 AM