On this page you can find several points of information we know about Book 7. Each of these points have been confirmed by an official JK Rowling source.
- We will find out something "incredibly important" about Lily Potter.
- R.A.B's identity will be revealed.
- We will discover more about Dumbledore's past.
- We will learn with whom Snape's loyalties lie.
- Something will be revealed about Petunia Dursley, although we already know that she is not a Squib.
- Viktor Krum will return (World Book Day, 2004 interview).
- We will see a reappearance of Dolores Umbridge: "It's too much fun to torture her not to have another little bit more before I finish." (MuggleNet/Leaky Interview)
- JKR has said "There is a character who does manage, in desperate circumstances, to do magic quite late in life, but that is very rare..."
- Harry will face Voldemort for the final time.
- Harry will be attempting to find and destroy Voldemorts remaining Horcruxes.
- Harry will return to the Dursleys' during the school vacation, but the magical protection Dumbledore arranged will expire when Harry comes of age on his 17th birthday.
- Harry will go to Godric's Hollow.
- The two-way mirror will make a reappearance.
- Fleur and Bill's wedding will occur.li>
- The fact that Harry "has his mother's eyes" will prove to be an important plot point.
- At least one character will die.
- The last word is expected to be "scar," but may change.
- We will learn the exact reason why some people become ghosts when they die and others do not.
- The final chapter, which has already been written, will detail what happens to the surviving characters.
- There will be no more Quidditch matches
Return to Book 7