Because Book 7 is going to be the last book in the series, we can assume that it's going to tie up all of the loose ends that have accumulated over the series. Here's a list of those questions that will probably be answered in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
book. If you think we've missed any, e-mail them directly to sarah at staff dot mugglenet dot com
(not sara at staff dot mugglenet dot com
, nor Sara (Editor) on the feedback form, as they are two different people).
Go Back to Book 7
- Will Hogwarts reopen? And, if so, will Harry, Ron, and Hermione attend for their seventh year?
- Is Snape good or evil? Where do his loyalties lie?
- What is the significance of Harry having his mother's eyes?
- What caused Dumbledore trust Snape so much?
- Why was Voldemort going to allow Lily to live after he killed James at Godric's Hollow?
- Who is R.A.B.?
- Are Dumbledore and Sirius actually dead? Update: JKR confirmed in New York that Dumbledore is in fact dead - but we still don't know about Sirius!
- What "worst memory" did Dudley experience when he was attacked by dementors in Order of the Phoenix?
- Where are the remaining Horcruxes? And furthermore, was Dumbledore right about what the remaining Horcruxes are? If he wasn't, what are they?
- Who will lead the Order now that Dumbledore is dead?
- Is Bill Weasley a full werewolf?
- Did Voldemort go to Godric's Hollow alone the night he tried to kill Harry? If so, how do people know the events of that night?
- Will the two-way mirror that Sirius gave to Harry come up again?
- Is the relationship between Ginny and Harry really over? Will they get back together in the end?
- What was the "gleam of triumph" in Dumbledore's eyes at the end of Goblet of Fire?
- Is there more behind Voldemort wanting the DADA teaching position so badly, or is it just because he simply wanted the job?
- How will Peter Pettigrew repay his life debt to Harry?
- What lies beyond the veil in the Department of Mysteries?
- If Dumbledore and Petunia were in contact before Harry was taken to Privet Drive, then what were they discussing in their letters? Thanks, T.M. Howard
- Who was "that awful boy" who Petunia referred to in OOTP? Was it James, or was it somebody else? Thanks, Pranav
- Will Ron and Hermione's relationship finally come to be, or will something happen to prevent it?
- What were Lily and James' occupations?
- Will Dumbledore's portrait be of any use to Harry?
- What will Percy do now that the Ministry has been proven wrong and Dumbledore is dead? Will he return to his family?
- Where did Fawkes go at the end of Half-Blood Prince?
- What did Dumbledore see or experience after he drank the potion in the
cave in HBP? Thanks, Linda
- How exactly did the Potters and the Longbottoms "thrice defy Voldemort"? Thanks, Kyle
- Assuming Hogwarts will open in Book 7, who will be the DADA teacher? Thanks, Kimmi
- Again, if Hogwarts remains open in Book 7, who will teach Transfiguration if Professor McGonagall becomes headmistress? And will Slughorn remain to teach Potions for a second year, even though he said he would only be there for one? Thanks, Alex Yee
- Will the terms of the Prophecy be fulfilled? If so, will Harry kill Voldemort, or will Voldemort kill Harry? Thanks to Rachel and Kevan
- On her website, JKR stated that "there IS a significant - even crucial - answer" to the following question: How and why did Dumbledore have James' invisibility cloak? What is the significance of this? Thanks, Phil
- What happened to Ollivander? And since there was no sign of a struggle when he disappeared, whose side is he on? And what about Florean Fortescue - are their disappearances linked? Thanks, Michael and Steph
- Will Ron and Harry pass their Apparation tests? Thanks, Molly
- What about Dumbledore's family? (JKR said in her interview with MuggleNet/TLC that Dumbledore's family would be a "profitable line of inquiry.") Thanks, Cycloneprime
- If Voldemort lost his body at Godric's Hollow, then who retrieved his wand? Thanks, Matt
- What's behind the locked door in the Department of Mysteries? Thanks, Kayleigh
- Why did Regulus choose to leave the Death Eaters? Thanks, Kelli
- Will we learn any more about Dumbledore's brother Aberforth? Will he have an important role to play in the book? Thanks, Andy
- What happened to Dumbledore's wand after his death? Thanks, J.R.
- What did Dumbledore actually see in the Mirror of Erised in the first book? Thanks, Vanessa
- Who will reinstate the protective barriers around Hogwarts that Dumbledore
removed so he and Harry could fly to the tower? Not just anybody could
have taken them down or Hogwarts would be constantly attacked. Is Dumbledore
the only one who knew how to perform those charms? Thanks, Ashley
- How did Dumbledore know the details of Lord Voldemort's murder of Lily - how LV offered to spare her life and how the charm that protects Harry was formed - if no one else was there to witness it? Was Dumbledore actually there to witness it? Thanks, Shelly and Richa
- What happened in the period of time between baby Harry's rescue from the ruins of Godric's Hollow and being left the NEXT DAY at the Dursley's doorstep? Thanks, Invidia
- What were Dumbledore and Snape arguing about that Hagrid overheard at the edge of the forest in HBP? Was it about spying on Draco, or was it something else? Thanks, Denise
- What will become of the Malfoy family? Specifically, will Draco remain loyal to Voldemort, or will he change his mind and fight for the other side? Thanks, Lisa
- Where did Snape and Draco go at the end of the sixth book? Thanks, Keith
- Are we going to see the Ford Anglia in the Forbidden Forest again? Thanks, Jeanette
- In Chamber of Secrets, Lockhart says that he transformed a werewolf back into a man using the "immensely complex Homorphus Charm." Now we know that Lockhart didn't actually do this, but he did steal the story from another wizard. So, is there a way to cure Lupin? Thanks, Jessica
- Did Dumbledore mean anything significant when he said that the Dursleys had "mistreated Dudley"? Thanks, Beatrice
- Will the giants and goblins take a firmer position about the war? Will they ever choose a side? Thanks, Ashley
- Are we going to see SPEW again? Will the house-elves' rights be improved by the end of the series? And what will become of all of the house-elves that we know so far in the series? Thanks, Roque and Mary Pat
- What happened to Sirius's motorbike while he was in Azkaban? And where is the motorbike now?Thanks, Kim and Marshall
- Do we know the whole story behind Dumbledore's hand injury in HBP? Thanks, Matias
- Assuming Hogwarts stays open, will the curse that Voldemort presumably placed on the DADA position ever be lifted? Thanks, Kunal
- What are the twelve uses of dragon's blood that Dumbledore discovered? Will these discoveries be important to the story in any way? Thanks, Alena
- Who helped R.A.B. retrieve the locket from the cave? (Dumbledore made it clear that two people were needed to get past Voldemort's enchantments.) And where is the locket now? Thanks, Andy
- What significance is the fact that Mundungus Fletcher has been stealing things from Grimmauld Place going to have to the plot of the next book? Did he take the locket from Grimmauld Place, and if so, who did he sell it to? Will Mundungus be playing an important part in the next book?Thanks, Michaela and Griselle
- JKR said that someone will manage magic very late in life in Book 7: who will it be? Filch, perhaps? Thanks, Melissa
- Did Dumbledore have a will or anything equivalent to a will? Thanks, Sam
- Did Hagrid have to be able to see thestrals in order to train them? If so, whose death did Hagrid witness? Thanks, Jo
- When Harry was taking Occlumency lessons from Snape in OOTP, he put more than one memory into the pensieve. What other memories did he want to hide from Harry? Thanks, jme
- Is there any significant reason that wizards come of age at age 17? Thanks again, jme
- When Snape is about to kill Dumbledore, Dumbledore says, "Severus... Please..." Was Dumbledore asking Snape to kill him or was he asking for mercy? Thanks, Jillian
- What was the potion that Dumbledore had to drink in the cave? Thanks, Joesephine
- How did Dumbledore become such an "extraordinary magic user, even at a young age" (a quote from an OWL examiner in OOTP)? Was it just study and hard work, or is there something different about him? Thanks, Kevin
- If Hogwarts is opened again in the seventh book, who will be Head Boy and Head Girl? Thanks, Sukhraj
- How will Harry find his parents' home in Godric's Hollow? After all, Wormtail is the secret-keeper, and as far as we know, the only way to find the home would be for Wormtail to tell Harry its location. Thanks, Chuck
- Will Luna have a prominent role in Book 7? Will she live through the war? Thanks, Madisen
- Is there a connection between Godric's Hollow and Godric Gryffindor? Thanks, Robbie
- Do we know the full reason that Voldemort decided to try to kill Harry instead of Neville? Thanks, S.M.R.
- How did Hagrid retrieve Harry from the ruins of his parents' house if he was not told the location by the secret-keeper? Thanks, Natalia
- Now that Dumbledore is dead, who is the secret-keeper of the Order of the Phoenix? Is the spell broken? Thanks, Mikako
- Is there more to the curtain that Sirius fell through in Order of the Phoenix? Thanks, Matt
- Where did the Potter family's wealth come from? Thanks, Sara
- Why did Dumbledore give Snape the DADA job if Dumbledore suspected there was a jinx on the position? Thanks, Laurel
- Will Voldemort be angry that Snape killed Dumbledore rather than allowing Draco to do it himself? Thanks, Abby J.
- What truly determines whether or not someone becomes a ghost? Is there more to it than what Nearly Headless Nick said there was? Thanks, Joana
- What is Grawp's role going to be in Book 7? Will he even have a role? Thanks, Debbie
- When Dumbledore is explaining to the Dursleys that the magic protecting Harry will cease to operate on his 17th birthday, each of the Dursleys reactions are given, and the book says that Aunt Petunia "was oddly flushed." What is the significance of her reaction? Does she know something more? Thanks, Kathy