Before each Harry Potter book comes out, there are always people who will try to turn theories they've concocted into fact, or even those who will simply create rumors for the fun of it. Currently, there are a few rumors about Book 7 and below you can find the ones which JKR has debunked.
- Dumbledore is really dead. He is not in hiding and is not coming back.
- There will be no character named "Icicle," and JKR said she didn't recall saying there ever would be.
- Dumbledore is not related to Harry.
- Harry is not related to Voldemort, and he is not related to Salazar Slytherin.
- Lily Potter is not alive.
- Lily was not a Death Eater
- Crookshanks is not an Animagus.
- Neville is not Peter Pettigrew's son.
- Remus Lupin does not have a twin brother.
- Petunia is not a Squib.
- Dumbledore is not Harry/Ron from the future.
- Mrs. Norris/Crookshanks is not an Animagus.
- Harry will not become Minister of Magic.
- Peter Pettigrews silver hand will not kill Lupin.
- Lupin will not return as a DADA professor.
- The prophecy refers to Harry, and not in any way to Neville.
- The final part of the prophecy does not mean Harry has to kill Neville, or vice versa
- The title of the book will not be "Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat."
- No prequel books (books that take place before Harry's time at Hogwarts) are planned.
- "Keeper of the Keys" has no secret meaning.
- The Sorting Hat is not a horcrux.
Return to Book 7