Magical Tours & Alivan’s & MuggleNet 2012
Fantastic Beasts Contest
Delve into your imagination to portray a Fantastic Creature from Harry Potter's magical world. Create your best depiction with a brief descriptive narrative, and submit it to MuggleNet for judging. You can invent a beast we've never heard of yet, or depict your idea of a creature from any Harry Potter book; but NOT one that has been shown already in any of the films. Feel free to use just about any medium you like to show your talents.
Use your creative imagination and photographic skills to chalk up a win in this fun contest! Your finished creature creation will be reviewed by MuggleNet Staffers to select the Top 15 Finalists. MuggleNet fans will then vote for their favorite beasts on MuggleNet.com to determine the four (4) Winners from among the Finalists. The winners will receive terrific prizes:
Magical Tours and Alivan's have teamed up to offer a "prize pool" from which the winners may select their choices. The 1st Place winner may choose any one of the prizes offered. The 2nd Place winner selects next from the remaining prizes, and so on until the four (4) top winners have picked their prizes.
- A British First Edition of "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" from the official Waterstone’s book release party in London, with the release date seal and signed by the MuggleCast crew. Includes a limited edition book pack from the event – from Magical Tours
- Your choice of a Majestic or Regal School Robe – from Alivan's
- An official Firebolt broomstick – from Magical Tours
- Your choice of any wand from The Classic Collection from Alivan's
Entries must be received:
No later than 11:59 PM (Central USA Time) April 08, 2012!
We know you’re anxious to get going on your beast-making, so here are the guidelines. Read and follow these rules carefully to avoid disqualification!
- The contest is open to everyone, all ages, and from every country worldwide.
- Your magical creature may be based on any creature described or just mentioned in the Harry Potter Books 1 - 7, Fantastic Beasts or Where to Find Them, or your own creation. Animal or plant beings are acceptable. You may NOT depict a creature that has already made an appearance in any of the Harry Potter films. Or you can introduce everyone to an entirely unknown magical being from your own fiendish imagination.
- In the e-mail entry submission include the name of the creature (species) and a brief narrative description of the creature's powers and/or attributes. Keep it to 100 words or less! For creatures already presented in the books, look up the particular attributes and paraphrase them for us – don't copy J.K. Rowling's own words to submit with your photo entry.
- Contestants may submit more than one entry, but each submission must be a different creature entered in a separate e-mail.
- Your creature may be portrayed in many ways. You may build a 3-dimensional model out of any materials – and then photograph your finished work; or do an original drawing or painting; or create a photo-shopped photographic image; or use an original computer-generated image to show us your creature. Use whatever creative genius you possess to "wow" everyone.
- Keep in mind that originality, ingenuity, and cleverness will be major factors in the judging.
- Photographs submitted fraudulently (for example using someone else's work without permission) will disqualify the entrant and expose him or her to possible legal action! And, of course DO NOT use any images which are the property of the book publishers or Warner Brothers.
- You may use any effects within reason to make your creature and the photograph of it memorable – but just don’t copy the work of others. Be original!
- The photograph of the original creation must be in JPEG format only, and must be included as an attachment to the e-mail submitting your entry.
- Here are the TECHNICAL RULES for your still photographic entry:
1. JPEG images only. Size not to exceed 900 Pixels High X 675 Pixels Wide (either Vertical or Horizontal orientation is OK)
2. Include the creature's name only in a text application incorporated into the photo image so we can be sure you get credit for the correct entry!
- Keep it clean and appropriate! All ages will be viewing your photo. After all, it is about Harry Potter. Use common sense – you know what's OK and what's not. Any submission containing obscene or suggestive material will be automatically disqualified, and will not be linked to MuggleNet.com for voting.
- DO NOT reveal any personal contact information in your photograph. Just use common sense to protect your privacy. Your submission e-mail must provide your name and contact information. (MuggleNet will need it to identify you). And, of course, neither Magical Tours nor MuggleNet.com will reveal or post your full identity or any contact information without your permission.
OK, when you've created your Fantastic Beast and photographed your work to your satisfaction, send an e-mail to email@example.com. In the e-mail include:
- Your name
- A working e-mail contact address
- A brief (maximum 100 word) statement including its species name and main magical attributes.
We will check to be sure we can open it properly, and that the entry meets the requirements. If there is any technical or content problem we will send you a message to let you know.
After previewing all entries, the Top 15 selected for posting by the MuggleNet staff will appear for voting on MuggleNet.com. Our fans will be invited to vote for their favorites. The result of the voting will determine the winners.
Be sure to have your e-mail entry with the JPEG attachment sent to us not later than 11:59 PM (Central USA Time) on Sunday, April 08, 2012!
Voting will begin by Monday, April 09, and run through 11:59 (Central Time) Monday, April 16. The four (4) Top Winners will be announced on MuggleNet.com by Tuesday, April 17, 2012.
GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Remember to send us your submission with all of the proper instructions followed to firstname.lastname@example.org