Born on April 14, 1998, this West Oxfordshire local was able to snag his début role on-screen as Harry Potter’s youngest son, Albus Severus Potter, in the epilogue scene of Deathly Hallows – Part 2, despite having never previously read any novels from the series. Arthur Bowen reportedly auditioned simply because he “just wanted to be in a film” and kept it a secret before being ousted by his mother who received the callback letter in the post. The highlights of his Potter experience include attending the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 world premiere in Trafalgar Square, London and participating in the US week long promotional tour. He is an avid fan of football and a dog lover. He intends to continue pursuing any acting work that may come his way.
- “Potter” kids take the stage, have a ball at LeakyCon 2011 - LeakyCon 2011 had many highlights. But for some it was the "Potter" kids that stole the show.
- Photos of Harry, Ginny, Lily, Albus from Deathly Hallows epilogue filming! (updated) - The first photos from filming at Kings Cross for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows have appeared online. This, after our report this morning detailing what is going on – they are filming the epilogue. See the photos below: - Harry and Ginny - Ginny and Albus Severus - Ginny, Harry and Albus Severus - ...
Arthur reportedly obtained the role of Albus Severus Potter after pursuing talent scouts who had visited his school in search of suitable candidates for all the Potter and Weasley children in the epilogue scene of Deathly Hallows – Part 2. After an initial audition, Arthur was called back for repeated auditions held in London along with many of the other finalist candidates. Once the initial pool had been further whittled down, he partook in a photo shoot with Daniel Radcliffe to see how well they could pull off appearing as father and son before finally being offered the role. Arthur received news of his casting while crayfishing with his best friend in Upper Heyford. He claims to have never informed his parents of the auditions during the phase up until receiving the invitation to the final auditions held in London.
- Is an avid FIFA video game player.
- Supports the football club Reading FC.
- Once met British comedian Jack Whitehall and his talent agent father, Michael John Whitehall, at a book signing for their novel Him and Me.
- One of his favorite football players is ‘Adam’ Le Fondre, who is a striker for Reading FC.
- First trip to the US involved visiting LeakyCon 2011.
- Favorite ride at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is the Dragon Challenge, specifically being on the Chinese Fireball.
- Was crayfishing with his best friend when he received the news that he had been casted for the role of Albus Potter.
- Was ill with a cold during the shooting of the epilogue scene.
- Favorite scene from Deathly Hallows – Part 2 is that of Voldemort’s death due to the special effects of his “disintegration.”
- Favorite bit of music from Deathly Hallows – Part 2 is “Statues” by Alexandre Desplat.