Evanna Lynch (born August 16, 1991) is an Irish actress, from Termonfeckin, County Louth, Ireland. She has two sisters and one brother with her parents being Donal and Marguerite Lynch. Evanna attended Cartown National School, and later the Centre for the Talented Youth of Ireland, where she completed a three-week ‘Speculative Fiction’ course. In 2008, she returned to CTYI for her last year, attending a Drama course for three weeks. Evanna had only acted in school plays before her film career began. For the future, she wishes to continue acting, yet someday become a director.
- Potter Twitter Roundup: The Wizarding World of Japan - This week in the Potter-verse, Tom and Evanna were in Japan For the opening of the latest Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. Evanna Lynch and Tom Felton at the opening of Japan’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter! pic.twitter.com/7Sy1F2kkvI — Potterhead (@_patronuspotter) July 15, 2014 And they weren’t the only ones in town. .@jk_rowling ...
- Evanna Lynch discusses life after “Potter” in new interview - Evanna Lynch recently sat down with Tanya Sweeney at Independent.ie to discuss her life after starring as Luna Lovegood in the "Harry Potter" film franchise, including her work with UNICEF and her budding career as a yoga instructor.
She began her acting career in 2007 with her role as Luna Lovegood in the last four Harry Potter films. Evanna was known as one of the biggest Potter fans on the set of the films and has been a fan of the series since she was 8 years old. By originally learning about the open audition for Luna through MuggleNet, she competed against nearly 15,000 other girls. On January 23, 2006 Evanna discovered she won the coveted role and eventually became a main character in the final two films.
On auditioning for the role of Luna:
I really wanted to go, because if I didn’t I never would have known, and I’d have been annoyed with myself. They had to pick someone, so why couldn’t I have a go? It’s like in the script, when Harry’s trying to encourage some students to be in Dumbledore’s Army, he says, “Think of all the great wizards in history, and if they can do it, why can’t we?” It was kind of like that.
After she received the role:
I had to keep it quiet for days and pretend everything was normal which was hard considering my dream had just come true. When I went home that day I had to study for my French test as if everything was normal.
After meeting Evanna, JK Rowling commented that she was perfect for the role of Luna. David Heyman has also has stated, “Evanna Lynch is Luna.”
- Evanna has continued to be good friends with her Potter cast members; she has done on-line work in Jessie Cave‘s web series Flat Whites, plus five other Pindippy videos.
- Her most notable work after Potter was G.B.F.
- By combining her love for the franchise and cats Evanna has named three of her cats Luna, Dumbledore, and Crookshanks.
- Evanna has been known to attend the fan convention LeakyCon, previously she has been see at the 2011, 2012, and London 2013 events; she interacts with the fans through meet and greets, Q & As, and Wizard Rock concerts.
- At LeakyCon 2012, Evanna preformed in Team StarKid‘s famous A Very Potter 3D: A Very Potter Senior Year, the final installment of their Potter musical series, as her movie role Luna Lovegood with a StarKid spin to the role.
- For the Potter movies Evanna made her character’s earrings, plus a ring. The lion hat that she wears in Half-Blood Prince was designed by Evanna as well.