Georgina Leonidas was born in London on February 28, 1990, and was the youngest of four siblings. She was educated at Preston Park Primary School and St. Gregory’s Catholic Science College.
In 1999, Georgina’s first role was Little Cosette in Les Misérables on stage in London. She is most known for playing Molly in The Basil Brush Show, appearing in every episode of series 1–4, and in several episodes in series 5 and 6.
- Role Call: Fairy tale edition! - After our adventures at LeakyCon in Florida this last week and meeting some of the "Harry Potter" cast, the staff at MuggleNet is even more excited about upcoming projects by our favorite actors and actresses! There's a lot to cover from the past few weeks, and we hope that you'll be just as anxious to hear all about the new roles our HP alumni have taken on. Take a look!
- New actors cast for Half-Blood Prince - CBBC Newsround has revealed information about casting for the following Hogwarts student roles in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: Cormac McLaggen – Freddie Stroma Blaise Zabini – Louis Cordice Romilda Vane – Anna Shaffer Katie Bell – Georgina Leonidas Leanne (Katie Bell's friend) – Isabella Laughland Marcus Belby – Robert Knox All ...
I grew up reading and watching the films, so, yeah, it was a kind of a pinch-yourself moment when I walked on to set. I had an amazing time working on the films, such an incredible time, and met some really lovely people as well.
On December 19, 2007, it was revealed Georgina Leonidas would be playing the Gryffindor Quidditch player, Katie Bell, in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Georgina also voiced Katie in the Half-Blood Prince video game, and reprised the role in both Deathly Hallows films. On the scene in Half-Blood Prince when she’s lifted into the air, she had this to say:
I got to do a lot of stunt work for number six, when I’m cursed, which was great fun. The stunt team on Potter are incredible, I have to give a massive shout-out to them, because they are just so, so good at what they do. And because of that I was able to really enjoy doing the stunts rather than kind of feel nervous about them. It was tough because it was quite physical, but I loved doing it, it was a great experience.
- She has appeared in many of Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown)’s Pindippy videos.
- Her brother, Dimitri, and her sister, Stephanie, are both actors. Her other sister, Helen, is a teacher.
- She acted in the plays The Real Thing at West Yorkshire Playhouse in Leeds and That Face at The Landor Theater in London.
- She appeared in the short film Driftwood with Isabella Laughland, who played Katie Bell’s friend Leanne in Harry Potter.
- Severus Snape is her favorite Harry Potter character and she’s a big fan of Alan Rickman.