James Andrew Eric Phelps was born February 25, 1986 with his twin brother Oliver, with whom he shared the screen in the Harry Potter films. They were born and raised in Sutton Coldfield in Birmingham, England, where they attended the Arthur Terry School. They graduated in 2004, having taken A-level exams. In their free time, James and Oliver enjoy rock music, video games, and watching football matches.
- Phelps twins to take part in charity cricket match - Oliver and James Phelps are well known for their work with various charities, and once again they have jumped at the chance to help out another. They will be joining several other celebrities in a special cricket match taking place in Canterbury.
- Social Roundup: Ice Water and DragonCon - For the second week running, here is our newly revised Potter Social Roundup!
The twins are very involved when it comes to the Harry Potter Exhibition. They attended the official opening back in 2009 in Chicago and have since followed the tour around different countries to promote it.
- James and Oliver Phelps are both supporters of the Teenage Cancer Trust. They continue to show their support for a charity they opened for one of the Teenage Cancer Trust specialist units in Birmingham.
- In 2011, they did a skydive for Cancer Research UK, in Australia, in memory of Harry Moseley – an 11-year-old boy who died on October 8, 2011.
- The twins make numerous public appearances in support of music and sports.
- In addition to this, they are both involved with the Virgin Money Giving Drive.