Jamie Campbell Bower was born on November 22, 1988 in London, England. Or as his Twitter bio so aptly states:
Winter 1988. A woman cries in Hammersmith hospital. Silence, then a childs cry answers. Some say it was divine intervention others a cruel experiment. I am born
He attended Bedales School, and was a member of the National Youth Music Theatre and the National Youth Theatre. He is the lead singer in “The Darling Buds” and was a model with Select Model Management. His first major acting role was as Anthony in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
- Potter Twitter Roundup: Seventeen Years Later - What consists of misguided Philosopher's Stone reviews, Neville in a party hat and a unicorn in traffic? The Potter Twitter Roundup of course. Check it out now!
- Potter Twitter Roundup: Time to Act - What have the Potter alumni been getting up to this week? Well quite frankly, a whole lot of dancing, prancing and... filming! Find out more in the latest Twitter Roundup.
Jamie Campbell Bower played Young Gellert Grindelwald in several pictures and flashbacks throughout Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.
Yes, I’ve been involved in the final Harry Potters. A very, very minor role! But being English and being an actor, I think they felt that they had to ask me, just because I don’t think you’re allowed to continue working unless you’ve been involved in Harry Potter.
- He is also known for playing the vampire Caius in the Twilight films, and Jace Wayland in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, two other popular YA books-turned-movies.
- He used to date Potter co-star Bonnie Wright.
- He appeared in the Florence + The Machine music video for their song “Never Let Me Go.”
- His friend, Laura Michelle Kelly, recommended him to her agent, which led to him being cast in Sweeney Todd.
- In the 2011 National Movie Awards, he won the One to Watch award.