Timothy Bateson was on April 3, 1926 in London, England. Timothy won a scholarship to Wadham College where he trained with the Oxford University Dramatic Society. He was picked straight out of college by Alberto Cavalcanti for the role of Lord Verisopht in The Life and Adventure of Nicholas Nickleby. The following year, he made his theatrical debut in Twelfth Night. Timothy performed in a wide range of works, including everything from theatre and radio to film and television. Timothy passed away at the age of 83 on September 16, 2009.
- New Deathly Hallows – Part 1 TV spot includes clip of Kreacher speaking - For your Sunday, here’s another new Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 TV Spot. It’s got a nice shot of Kreacher who talks about the danger of the Horcruxes. You’ll see a couple other new shots as well. To see many more Part 1 spots, visit this page of our site! Thanks ...
In the Harry Potter films, Timothy voiced Kreacher in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as well as the video game for the same film.
- Timothy’s first British performance was in Beckett’s Waiting for Godot in 1955.
- He appeared in an episode of Doctor Who entitled The Ribos Operation.
- He also provided the voices for several characters in the children’s TV series TUGS.
- His last work was playing the voice of the house-elf Kreacher in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.