August 16th's Mysterious Door Opening
On August 16th, 2004, JK Rowling revealed the first quote from Book 6 describing who is thought to be the Half Blood Prince: (He) looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.
The instructions below explain how the door was opened for the second time:
1) First off, if you still see the Do Not Disturb sign, open up Internet Explorer and at the top click Tools, then Internet Options.
This will open up a new window, click on Delete Files to delete all of your temporary internet files so that your computer can see
the door is open again.
2) Now that you can open up the door, move your mouse over the window sill, and then towards the right and start clicking. Click around the middle of the black area to find the light switch.Note:
If you're still having problems, click here
to view a graphic that gives you a better idea of where it is.
3) Once you find that, you'll see a dartboard and 3 arrows sitting to the lower right of the dartboard. Throw three of them in this order: 7, 1, 3 (The code to the vault in Gringots the Philosopher's stone was in. Thanks, Taylor!)
4) This will move the dartboard and show a Gringots Digital Electronic Safe. Enter the code that is shown on the Extra Stuff page after Peeves blows it into view (302723) to unlock the safe, and voila!
5) And then finally, click on the piece of paper lying on the bottom shelf, and there's your next clue to Book 6!
*On a phone, the number 302723 (without the 0) spells out "Farce", which is a term that means "A light dramatic work in which highly improbable plot situations, exaggerated characters, and often slapstick elements are used for humorous effect". Could this be another hint from Jo? (Thanks to Neil for pointing this out!)
*MuggleNet visitor Jennifer also pointed out that JK Rowling's daughter Jessica has her birthday on June 27th, and her son David's birthday on March 23. Assuming this is what those numbers represent, Neil (Jo's husband) must have a birthday on the 30th of a certain month.
Back to JKR.com Info
Back to The Mysterious Door Archive