March 30th's Mysterious Door Opening
On March 30th, 2006 the door opened again for the 5th time, revealing the first ever WOMBAT test:
This marks the first time in over a year that the door has opened. Within the door you can find an overhead shot of JK Rowling's desk and a copy of the W.O.M.B.A.T (Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude test).
Visitors are asked to take the Level 1 WOMBAT in a 25-minute time frame, and the test determines "whether the sitter would be able to exist safely and effectively within the magical world."
If the "Do Not Disturb" sign is still hanging on the door for you, try clearing out your computer "cookies" and cache. Do this (in Internet Explorer) by going to Tools - Internet Options - and clicking Delete Cookies, Delete Files
To open the door...
Back to JKR.com Info
- Grab the rock from behind the potted plant and use it to break the mirror.
- Put the key in the door lock.
- Trip the mousetrap on the top shelf.
- Click on the paper and read the riddle. Type "reparo". The mirror you broke fixes itself.
- Close the note.
- Click on the door in the mirror. The door in front of you will open and you'll see Jo's desk.
- Move the gold tassle so it's pointed straight up and then the WOMBAT test will reveal itself.
- Take the test and keep your Student ID number for future reference.
Back to The Mysterious Door Archive