Full name: Katie Leung
DOB: 8 August 1987
Birth place: Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Short biography: Katie Leung was born to Chinese parents and lives in an exclusive district of Motherwell, a town near Glasgow. Her parents are divorced, and she currently resides with her father Peter Leung (a native of Hong Kong), her two brothers, and her younger sister, Violet. Her father owns a successful restaurant and fast food business in Motherwell. Katie attended a Scottish private school, Hamilton College, in Glasgow. She speaks Cantonese and some Mandarin.
Katie decided to try for the part of Cho Chang when her father saw an advertisement for a casting call. She waited in line for four hours before her audition, which only took five minutes. Two weeks later she was called back for a workshop before eventually finding out she had gotten the part. Katie beat out 3,000 other girls for the role.
- Run (TV Mini-series) (2013) …. Ying
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) …. Cho Chang
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010) …. Cho Chang
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Video Game) (2009) …. Cho Chang (voice)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) …. Cho Chang
- Agatha Christie: Poirot (TV series) (2008) …. Hsui Tai
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix (Video Game) (2007) …. Cho Chang (voice)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007) .... Cho Chang
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) .... Cho Chang
Back to Cast Information for...