Full name: Sean Biggerstaff (no middle name)
DOB:15 March 1983
Birth place: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Height: 5'9'' (1.75 m)
Official website: http://www.seanbiggerstaff.com/
Sean was born in March of 1983 to a fireman and a community education worker. Biggerstaff grew up in Maryhill, a small town in Glasgow. He started acting at age five, and at age seven Sean joined local drama group Maryhill Youth Theater. When he was only 10 years old he received his first professional role as the son of MacDuff in MacBeth, directed by Michael Boyd at the Tron Theatre in Glasgow. After this, he joined the Scottish Youth Theatre, performing with them for six years. Performing at the Scottish Youth Theatre also helped Sean land his role in The Winter Guest. Alan Rickman, impressed by Sean's acting skills - especially in "Macbeth" - chose him for his film The Winter Guest when Biggerstaff was fourteen.
His meeting Alan Rickman helped Sean on his way to being a part of the Harry Potter films. In 1999, Rickman put Sean in contact with Paul Lyon-Maris, his own agent at ICM. It was shortly thereafter that Sean successfully auditioned for his role in Harry Potter.
Apart from acting, Sean is also interested in music. He learned to play the guitar by ear and has been playing since he was 13 years old. The first song he learned to play was “Scentless Apprentice” by Nirvana. Since then, he’s played for the band Crambo, and more recently plays with the Glasgow band Wrongnote.
“It can be a bit irritating when someone asks me how the new film's coming along when I haven't worked on Harry Potter for two years. Generally speaking, I have no problem with it. Most actors go through their careers without ever being involved in something so spectacular, so I think it would be a bit ignorant of me to object to being associated with it. Harry Potter is an amazing thing. I'm not just being diplomatic here either. I'm still reminded regularly of what a unique experience it was.”
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 – Oliver Wood (2011)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets – Oliver Wood (2002)
Harry Potter and the Socerer’s Stone – Oliver Wood (2001)
His character, Oliver Wood, was cut from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) due to time constraints.
- Hector & Himself .... Hector Green
- Mary Queen of Scots (2013) .... Bothwell
- Hippie Hippie Shake
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011) .... Oliver Wood
- Garrow's Law (2009 .... Tom - Episode #1.3 (TV series)
- The Lost Book (2009) .... Kyle - Episodes #1.1 - 1.6 (TV series)
- X on a Map (2009) .... Paul (short film)
- Agatha Christie Marple: Why Didn't They Ask Evans? (2009) .... Bobby Attfield (TV movie)
- Consenting Adults (2007) .... Jeremy Wolfenden (TV movie)
- Cashback (2006) .... Ben Willis
- The Girl With Red Hair (2005) .... Matt (Theatre production)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) .... Oliver Wood
... aka Harry Potter und die Kammer des Schreckens (Germany)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001) .... Oliver Wood
... aka Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Canada: English title) (International: English title) (UK)
... aka Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (USA)
- The Winter Guest (1997) .... Tom
- "The Crow Road" (1996) (mini) TV Series .... Young Darren
Back to Cast Information for...