In honor of Friendship Day, I compare Harry, Hermione, and Ron with Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle.
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- Sun, Sep 1
- Harry's first ride on the Hogwarts Express
- Harry and Ron travel to Hogwarts via Ford Anglia
- Hermione receives Time-Turner
- “Go on, Harry, take it! You saved Dad’s life, if anyone’s got the right to eavesdrop on him it’s you. . . .”
- August 27, 2013 – The fifteenth anniversary boxed set of the Harry Potter series with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi is released.
Did You Know
- Did you know, that J.K. Rowling used Culpeper’s Herbal, a book written in London in 1652 that categorizes herbs and their medical uses, to inspire the herbology in Harry Potter?