Missed out on last year’s immersive trip through England and Scotland? The Fantastical Tour is back in July 2019! July 14–July 21, you can visit “Harry Potter” filming locations, stay in a real castle, get Sorted into a House, visit House of MinaLima, and so much more.
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- Sun, Sep 1
- Harry's first ride on the Hogwarts Express
- Harry and Ron travel to Hogwarts via Ford Anglia
- Hermione receives Time-Turner
- “She stopped you killing me. And I’ve seen the real you, I saw you last year. You’re a wreck. You’re barely alive. That’s where all your power got you. You’re in hiding. You’re ugly, you’re foul —”
- February 11, 2005 – The number of pages in the UK edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is revealed to be 607 pages.
Did You Know
- J.K. Rowling once thought of writing the Death Eaters as the Knights of Walpurgis.