Episode 24 of “Reading, Writing, Rowling” explores how “Harry Potter” has more in common with Arthurian legend than wizards and magic swords.
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- Sun, Sep 1
- Harry's first ride on the Hogwarts Express
- Harry and Ron travel to Hogwarts via Ford Anglia
- Hermione receives Time-Turner
- “I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours.”
- April 30, 2009 – Harry Potter: The Exhibition opens at Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry.
Did You Know
- During the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets film, Emma Watson broke her wrist.