The “Harry Potter” series has one of the most iconic first sentences in English literature. What other novels match its excellence?
- Thu, Jun 20
- Shefali Chowdhury's birthday
- Fri, Jun 21
- McGonagall returns to Hogwarts
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix book
- Wizarding world knows Voldemort is back
- Catherine Lai's birthday
- Sun, Jun 23
- Dudley Dursley's birthday
- Mon, Jun 24
- Cedric Diggory is murdered by Lord Voldemort, who got his body back
- Third task of Triwizard Tournament
- Wed, Jun 26
- Ron tries to call Harry on the "fellytone"
- Tolga Safer's birthday
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book
- “Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish Hufflepuff house. He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about. […] Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort.”
- December 11, 2008 – The first stop for Harry Potter: The Exhibition is announced as Chicago, Illinois, opening on April 30, 2009.
Did You Know
- Ginny Weasley’s middle name is Molly.