Episode 24 of “Reading, Writing, Rowling” explores how “Harry Potter” has more in common with Arthurian legend than wizards and magic swords.
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- Sun, Sep 1
- Harry's first ride on the Hogwarts Express
- Harry and Ron travel to Hogwarts via Ford Anglia
- Hermione receives Time-Turner
- “Don’t be silly. Of course I won’t be in three classes at once.”
- July 18, 2007 – The New York Times posts an early review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which sets off fury among fans and J.K. Rowling herself. The NYT, however, sticks with their original intentions and keeps the review online.
Did You Know
- During the Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone film, viewers can hear Rubeus Hagrid playing Hedwig’s Theme on a flute right before the trio approaches and asks him about obtaining Norbert.