I’ve been seeing a lot in the news lately about investigations at public colleges involving Title IX violations. I’ve been following these stories for my own reasons, but while doing so I’ve found it really interesting to read about the lesser known violation of “retaliation.” Most Title IX cases that make it into the news are about sexual assault, but lumped in with this issue is often the cover up by the university that a complaint has been filed at. Schools are getting caught more now then ever before for the mishandling of Title IX issues. Of course, you are probably wondering what this has to do with Harry Potter.
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- Sun, Sep 1
- Harry's first ride on the Hogwarts Express
- Harry and Ron travel to Hogwarts via Ford Anglia
- Hermione receives Time-Turner
- “You are a braver man by far than Igor Karkaroff. You know, I sometimes think we sort too soon. . . .”
- July 11, 2007 – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix opens in United States theaters.
Did You Know
- J.K. Rowling invented Quidditch after a fight with her then boyfriend.