We know all about the soul in the context of “Harry Potter”, but we don’t know much about the spirit. In this edition of “Beyond the Veil,” we discuss the spirit in the “Potter” world and what it can teach us about our own lives.
- Sun, Aug 25
- Simon McBurney's birthday
- Angelica Mandy's birthday
- 422nd Quidditch World Cup
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- “If you’d ever had the pleasure to teach him, you’d know Newt is not a great follower of orders.”
- March 29, 2006 – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is named book of the year at the British Book Awards ceremony. J.K. Rowling was in attendance.
Did You Know
- If J.K. Rowling could spend a day with one of her characters, she said she would take Harry Potter out for a meal and apologize to him for everything she’s put him through.