There’s no question about it: “Harry Potter” has made its mark on literary culture. At Yallwest this year in sunny Santa Monica, we asked some of today’s most popular YA authors how the “Potter” series inspired them on their own journeys to publication.
- Wed, Sep 18
- Elizabeth Spriggs's birthday (RIP)
- Thu, Sep 19
- Hermione Granger's birthday
- Fri, Sep 20
- Sian Thomas's birthday
- Elayna Mae Darcy's birthday
- Harry receives his Nimbus 2000
- Sun, Sep 22
- Tom Felton's birthday
- “I’m three years older than you were when you fought You-Know– Who over the Sorcerer’s Stone and it’s because of me Malfoy’s stuck back in Umbridge’s office with giant flying bogeys attacking him!”
- October 31, 2007 – J.K. Rowling updates her official website saying that she does not approve of “companion books” or “encyclopedias” to her series and later that day files suit in a Manhattan court against Harry Potter Lexicon owner Steve Vander Ark.
Did You Know
- Peeves was never a living person. He is not a ghost but an indestructible spirit of chaos, who can unscrew chandeliers, throw walking sticks, and generally cause mayhem.