When Albus Dumbledore recovers the vial containing the blood pact with Gellert Grindelwald, he moves closer to their eventual confrontation. The symbolism of phoenixes and dragons, drawn from a long history of beast mythology, foreshadows the movement of their story from 1927 to 1945.
- Sun, Aug 25
- Simon McBurney's birthday
- Angelica Mandy's birthday
- 422nd Quidditch World Cup
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- “The Elder Wand cannot serve me properly, Severus, because I am not its true master. The Elder Wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Albus Dumbledore. While you live, Severus, the Elder Wand cannot be truly mine.”
- August 11, 2012 – StarKid does a reading of A Very Potter Senior Year at LeakyCon in Chicago.
Did You Know
- The Giant Squid is a peaceful creature. It can be seen coming up to the surface to be tickled or fed toast; it has even been known to rescue students who have fallen in.