You can find all you need to know about the music from the Fantastic Beasts film series here.
- A Kidscreen Award Win for “Return to Hogwarts” and Composer Nominations for IFMCA Awards - Let's dig into some of the latest awards and nominations earned by the most magical members of the entertainment industry.
- “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore” Soundtrack Released in Full - The full soundtrack for "Secrets of Dumbledore" has been released, with a total of 39 tracks.
- Musical Magic: Two Tracks from “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore” Soundtrack Released - Composed by James Newton Howard, two tracks from the upcoming “Secrets of Dumbledore” soundtrack have been released on YouTube.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The score is infused with 1920s-style music and familiar tunes such as "Hedwig's Theme" from the Harry Potter films. For example, “Main Titles” starts off with a bit of “Hedwig’s Theme” before getting into the original score by Howard. Music in the trailers for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them also contained some of "Hedwig's Theme.” James Newton Howard has said about the score and “Hedwig’s Theme,"
He [John Williams] wrote ‘Hedwig’s Theme,’ which I think is the one that most people probably identify with. The thing about ‘Fantastic Beasts’ is that it’s in the wizarding world, but it’s not a ‘Harry Potter’ movie. It takes place 70 years before Harry comes into being, so while we tip our hat and acknowledge in a respectful and witty wink and a nod kind of way to ‘Hedwig’s Theme,’ the score is composed of all-new material.
Emmi, an Australian singer-songwriter, provided the vocals for the score's only song, which is called "Blind Pig." "Blind Pig" was written by J.K. Rowling and Mario Grigorov. To read more about Emmi and "Blind Pig," check out our article on her here.
1. Main Titles – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
2. There Are Witches Among Us / The Bank / The Niffler
3. Tina Takes Newt In / Macusa Headquarters
4. Pie or Strudel / Escaping Queenie and Tina's Place
5. Credence Hands Out Leaflets
6. Inside the Case
7. The Erumpent
8. In the Cells
9. Tina and Newt Trial / Let's Get the Good Stuff Out / You're One of Us Now / Swooping Evil
10. Gnarlak Negotiations
11. The Demiguise and the Occamy
12. A Close Friend
13. The Obscurus / Rooftop Chase
14. He's Listening to You Tina
15. Relieve Him of His Wand / Newt Releases the Thunderbird / Jacob's Farewell
16. Newt Says Goodbye to Tina / Jacob's Bakery
17. End Titles – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Deluxe Edition: Bonus — Disc 2
1. A Man and His Beasts
2. Soup and Leaflets
4. The Demiguise and the Lollipop
5. I’m Not Your Ma
6. Blind Pig (performed by Emmi)
7. Newt Talks to Credence
8. End Titles, Pt.2 – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
9. Kowalski Rag
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
The Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald soundtrack was also composed and conducted by James Newton Howard.
1. The Thestral Chase
2. Newt and Leta
4. The Kelpie
5. Newt and Jacob Pack for Paris
7. Newt Tracks Tina
8. Queenie Searches for Jacob
9. Irma and the Obscurus
10. Blood Pact
11. Capturing the Zouwu
12. Traveling to Hogwarts
13. Leta’s Flashback
14. Salamander Eyes
16. Your Story Is Our Story
17. Leta’s Confession
18. Vision of War
19. Spread the Word
20. Wands into the Earth
21. Restoring Your Name
22. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
23. Dumbledore’s Theme (Solo Piano)
24. Fantastic Beasts Theme (Solo Piano)
25. Leta’s Theme (Solo Piano)
Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
The soundtrack was written by Oscar-nominated composer James Newton Howard, who also wrote the scores for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.
1. I’m Expecting Someone
2. We Can Free Each Other
3. She’s Ready
4. Wyvern Rescue
5. Young Man’s Magic
6. I Know You Are There
8. Call Me Jacob
10. A Message to Deliver
11. Insufficient Evidence
12. Do You Know What It’s Like?
13. Kama’s Memory
14. Same Blood
15. The Erkstag
16. Let Him Stand
17. Manticore Dance
18. Go to Him
20. Ted and Pick
1. The Escape
2. Kingdom of Bhutan
3. Powers of the Beast
4. Family History
6. The Room We Require
8. Hey Fellas
9. Case Chaos
10. A Full Heart
11. The Vote
12. He’s Lying to You
13. The Twin
14. He Sought to Kill, I Sought to Protect
15. I Was Never Your Enemy
16. The Promise
17. The Ceremony
18. Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore
19. Heaven (performed by Gregory Porter)
James Newton Howard is an American composer who was born on June 9, 1951, in Los Angeles, California. He has composed many recognizable film scores, including The Sixth Sense (1999), The Hunger Games series (2012–2015), and The Fugitive (1993).
His career has spanned over 30 years, and he has composed music for over 120 films. Howard received Academy Award nominations for Defiance (2008), Michael Clayton (2007), The Village (2004), The Fugitive (1993), The Prince of Tides (1991), and My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997). He has also received Academy Award nominations for original songs from the movies One Fine Day (1996) and Junior (1994). James Newton Howard won a Grammy in 2009 for The Dark Knight score (2008), which he cowrote with Hans Zimmer. Howard has received Grammy nominations for music for the films One Fine Day (1996) and Blood Diamond (2006).
Howard’s career extends into television work. He composed the theme song for the popular and long-running NBC drama ER. He has won an Emmy for the theme to the TV show Gideon’s Crossing (2000–2001) and was nominated for Emmys for ER (1994–2009) and Men (1989).
In 2008, he was named Film Composer of the Year from World Soundtrack Award for his work on the scores to Charlie Wilson’s War (2007), Michael Clayton (2007), and I Am Legend (2007). You can see a comprehensive list of Howard’s works here.