For years, it has been a MuggleNet tradition to prank the thousands of fans who visit the site every day. By making a variety of believable posts, MuggleNet has had its prank posts featured as actual news on reputable news sites around the world. Some of our fake news posts have even circulated the Internet years after they were originally posted on our site, making us laugh out loud.
Our staff takes great pride in creating these magnificent posts every year. We hope you can look back on these posts and remember if you were fooled by us.
- New Creature Discovered, Given “Fantastic Beasts”-Inspired Name (April 1, 2021) - Breaking news: A newly discovered animal species has been given a name inspired by a fantastic beast.
- Exclusive Details on New “Harry Potter” Funko Pop! Figurines (April 1, 2021) - Funko has announced additions to its “Harry Potter” Pop! collection - including different versions of characters we’ve seen before and brand-new ones.
- Who Is the Mysterious New Malfoy in “Fantastic Beasts” 3? (April 1, 2021) - A character with a very familiar last name will be introduced in the third "Fantastic Beasts" film. What can we expect from this newcomer?
- EXCLUSIVE: New Character Names Announced for “Fantastic Beasts” 3 (April 1, 2021) - We've received exclusive information about new characters appearing in the third "Fantastic Beasts" film, including details about a member of a very familiar blond-haired family.
- “Fantastic Beasts 3” Title Revealed (April 1, 2020) - The title of the third "Fantastic Beasts" film has been revealed. What does it mean, and what can we expect?
- Newly Discovered Planet Named “Grawp” (April 1, 2020) - NASA scientists chose the name of a giant from "Harry Potter" for an ice giant in a neighboring solar system.
- Rupert Grint to Take Ice Cream Van on Tour of UK (April 1, 2020) - The Ron Weasley actor has announced he will be driving the van he famously bought with his "Harry Potter" earnings around the country, and he could be coming to a town near you!
- Daniel Radcliffe Cast as Marvel’s Newest Superhero (April 1, 2020) - Check out the beloved comic book character the "Harry Potter" star will be bringing to the big screen.
- Introducing MuggleNet Junior and MuggleNet After Dark (April 1, 2019) - MuggleNet is ushering in a new era for our upcoming 20th birthday, and our readers will be invited to engage in "Harry Potter" fandom in the way that best suits them.
- Ten Reasons “Twilight” Is Better Than “Harry Potter” (April 1, 2019) - No matter how you look at it, "Twilight" is clearly the superior book series. Here are the top ten reasons why.