Explore more of the wizarding world than ever before at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida. Enter the streets of Diagon Alley from the London embankment and walk into the magical shops for yourself. Dine at the Leaky Cauldron, see a wand choose a wizard at Ollivanders wand shop, and experience the excitement of a multi-dimensional thrill ride inside Gringotts Bank.
This park opened on July 8, 2014, at Universal Studios Florida in Orlando, Florida.
- Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts - Guests can enjoy this groundbreaking new, multi-dimensional thrill ride that immerses them right in the middle of the action of the Gringotts escape with several character appearances from the Harry Potter films.
- Hogwarts Express - Guests with a Park-to-Park ticket can ride the Hogwarts Express and enjoy the British countryside while encountering characters from the Harry Potter films before arriving at Hogsmeade station (Universal's Islands of Adventure).
- Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees - Guests can see a live musical show performed several times a day, featuring song titles created by Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling ("A Cauldron Full of Hot, Strong Love," "Beat Back Those Bludgers, Boys, and Chuck That Quaffle Here," "You Charmed the Heart Right out of Me," and "You Stole My Cauldron but You Can't Have My Heart").
- Gringotts Money Exchange - A talking goblin will help you trade your Muggle money for the wizarding currency of Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts.
- Knight Bus - Meet and talk to the conductor and get a peek inside the bus, which is parked in the London section of the park.
- Ollivanders Wand Shop - In this shop, the wandkeeper will select one guest to get the full experience of testing and choosing a wand.
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard - A visual story-telling featuring one of two wizard fables from Beedle the Bard, “The Tale of the Three Brothers” or “The Fountain of Fair Fortune,” this show's actors use puppets crafted by Michael Curry, who also worked on Broadway's The Lion King and Finding Nemo – The Musical.
- Wand Magic - An interactive wand will offer guests the chance to cast spells at hidden magical points found via the magic map they receive with purchase.
- Borgin and Burkes
- Gringotts Money Exchange
- Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions
- Magical Menagerie
- Quality Quidditch Supplies
- Sugarplum's Sweetshop
- Wands by Gregorovitch
- Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
- Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
- Eternelle's Elixir of Refreshment - This unique beverage stand lets you practice your potion-making skills by combining gillywater with your choice of the four elixirs: Fire Protection Potion, Babbling Beverage, Draught of Peace, and Elixir to Induce Euphoria.
- Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour - Treat yourself to a variety of bottled drinks and delectable ice cream flavors such as butterbeer, Earl Grey & Lavender, and Chocolate Chili. Be sure to visit in the morning for the exclusive pastries: Battenberg cake, crumble cake, and shortbread.
- The Fountain of Fair Fortune - The Fountain of Fair Fortune serves up an assortment of drinks for all ages with beers such as Wizard's Brew and non-alcoholic drinks such as butterbeer and pumpkin juice.
- The Hopping Pot - For a quick pick-me-up after a long day of spell-casting, this establishment offers a variety of beverages including the unique Tongue Tying Lemon Squash and Peachtree Fizzing Tea as well as snacks like beef pasties and butterbeer ice cream.
- The Leaky Cauldron - Serving up traditional British meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this magical dining experience is sure to leave you satisfied! Start your day with a traditional breakfast, or come in later and enjoy meals such as Fish and Chips, Bangers and Mash, Toad in the Hole, and more.
- Ice cream
- Potted cream
May 8, 2013
Building on the global phenomenon that is The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment today announced an expansion of historic proportion with the entirely new themed environment, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
Scheduled to open in 2014, the world's first centrally themed, multi-park experience expands The Wizarding World of Harry Potter across both Universal Orlando theme parks and allows Universal's creative team to bring an unparalleled vision to this unique project. The new area will bring to life some of the experiences and places found in and around London in the Harry Potter books and films, offering brand-new adventures for fans and theme park guests from around the world.
Diagon Alley and "London" will be located within the Universal Studios Florida theme park, which is adjacent to Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park, where guests now experience Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. The new area within Universal Studios will be just as expansive, immersive and authentic as the existing themed environment.
And – just like in the books and films – guests will be able to travel between "London" and Hogsmeade aboard the Hogwarts Express.
Work on the new area is already underway. When complete, it will feature shops, a restaurant and an innovative, marquee attraction based on Gringotts Bank – all directly inspired by the fiction and films.
More details on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will be released over time.
To bring Diagon Alley and "London" to life, Universal's creative team is working closely with Warner Bros. and the production design team from the Harry Potter films – just as it did for Hogwarts and Hogsmeade.
I'm so pleased that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has proved so popular to date, and I'm sure that the attention to detail in creating the new Diagon Alley area will make this an even better experience.
– J.K. Rowling.
We are continuing the journey and adding an entirely new level of adventure. And we are bringing the same drive, commitment, enthusiasm and innovation to this project as we did to the first.
– Tom Williams, Chairman of Universal Parks & Resorts
We are thrilled to offer the legions of fans the opportunity to embark on this new journey and experience Diagon Alley as it was brought to life in the books and films.
– Brad Globe, president, Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Our vision is to create two amazing theme park experiences that combine into one, complete, magical journey.
– Alice Norsworthy, executive vice president, marketing and sales for Universal Orlando Resort.
December 6, 2011
Universal announced plans to officially expand the Wizarding World in Orlando, as well as plans to open another theme park at Universal Studios Hollywood.
From the press release:
Warner Bros. Entertainment and Universal Parks and Resorts today announced a partnership to bring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – the enormously popular themed entertainment environment which debuted in Orlando in June 2010 – to Universal Studios Hollywood.
The two companies also announced their plans to significantly expand The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood will be as impressive as what has been created in Orlando – and is expected to transform tourism in Los Angeles for decades to come. It will be a fully immersive environment for the entire family that brings the stories of Harry Potter to life and is faithful to the visual landscape of the films, including a majestic Hogwarts Castle to serve as the centerpiece of the themed environment. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood will be created with the same commitment to authenticity and the same level of talent and resources as its Orlando counterpart.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort opened in June 2010 and immediately captured global attention. It is a spectacularly themed land that includes Hogwarts Castle, Hogsmeade and multiple themed attractions. Specific details of its expansion will be announced over time.
"The announcement of our partnership with Universal to bring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to Hollywood and expand what already exists in Orlando is probably the best holiday gift we could give to the legions of Harry Potter fans worldwide," said Barry Meyer, Chairman & CEO, Warner Bros. "Everyone involved with these projects is committed to continuing the enchantment of J.K. Rowling's masterful books as they were brought to life on screen in our eight films and dedicated to extending the magic of the experience for generations of fans to come."
"This is an incredible moment for Universal Studios and the millions of guests who visit our theme parks," said Ron Meyer, President & COO, Universal Studios. "The Harry Potter stories are some of the most powerful of our time and we are honored to expand our Orlando experience and bring The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to Hollywood, forever changing family tourism in Los Angeles."
"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is an entirely new level of themed entertainment that brings the stories of Harry Potter to life in incredible ways," said Tom Williams, Chairman and CEO, Universal Parks and Resorts. "We are thrilled to be able to share this experience with our guests in Hollywood. And we are thrilled to take what has been created in Orlando to even greater levels."
Construction Site Visit – January 23, 2014
A behind-the-scenes report from the themed area before it opened.
MuggleNet represented by Keith Hawk and Kat Miller
You can read the report here.
Cast Visits – June 6, 2014
Trailer 1 – December 19, 2013
First Look – December 13, 2013
Theme Park Insider Awards 2020
Best Quick-Service Restaurant
The Leaky Cauldron
Thea Awards 2015
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts
Thea Paragon Award
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley
Theme Park Insider Awards 2015
Best New Family Attraction
Best Quick-Service Restaurant
The Leaky Cauldron