“Beyond the Veil” is an exploration of the spiritual lessons of the Potter series. Have you ever wondered how Voldemort split his soul to make Horcruxes? Why is love such a powerful form of magic? What exactly did Harry and Luna hear beyond the veil in the Department of Mysteries?
MuggleNet columnist Madison Ford uses text evidence from the novels, metaphysical sources, and personal anecdotes to figure out how we can incorporate the spiritual lessons of Potter into our own lives. “Beyond the Veil” does not endorse any particular spiritual path – merely the use of Harry Potter as a tool for spiritual growth.
- Are Dreams Really a World of Our Own? (September 3, 2018)- Harry Potter has had his share of strange dreams. What can Harry's dreams teach us about our own nighttime wanderings?
- Why “Order of the Phoenix” Makes Me Cry like a Baby (July 15, 2018)- "Potter" anniversaries are filled with joy, pain, and reflection. Here's how the "Potter" community lifts me up.
- How Is a Horcrux Like a Haunted House? (April 11, 2018)- The magical world has three spells considered to be "unforgivable," but why is it only killing that splits a person's soul?
- The Power of Love: On the Spirit of “Harry Potter” (February 18, 2018)- We know all about the soul in the context of "Harry Potter", but we don't know much about the spirit. In this edition of "Beyond the Veil," we discuss the spirit in the "Potter" world and what it can teach us about our own lives.
- How “Harry Potter” Saved My Life (January 2, 2018)- The "Harry Potter" books have the power to save lives and teach us valuable lessons. Learn more about the spiritual lessons of "Potter" in our newest column, "Beyond the Veil."