- MuggleNet news posts: 970
- MuggleNet page views: 63,074,123
- MuggleNet seen in: 227 countries
- MuggleCast downloads: 2,590,981
The Stellar Seven:
These were our seven most popular news stories for the year.
- Warner Bros. released a surprise Half-Blood Prince trailer exclusively to fansites.
- The first photo from the set of Deathly Hallows appeared online. It depicted Daniel Radcliffe shooting scenes in a forest.
- An acting troupe produced and released A Very Potter Musical on YouTube. It went viral for several months and was a huge hit with Potter fans for its great music and funny dialogue.
- Joshua Herdman revealed at a Potter fan conference that current plans for the Deathly Hallows split have it occurring right after being captured by the Snatchers and right before heading to Malfoy Manor. It was the first time we heard from a cast/crew member about where the films will be split. Herdman also revealed that they’ll be taking Jamie Waylett’s character out of the films.
- Ian Rankin revealed that the last time he saw J.K. Rowling, she was working on a Potter encyclopedia and drawing out family trees.
- Universal Studios Orlando announced several new sketches, videos, and details surrounding the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. They also confirmed that it would open in spring 2010.
- David Yates commented further on the bare Deathly Hallows scenes, noting that Dan would be bare twice. The first time would come in the aforementioned visions Ron has, and the second time would occur in the King’s Cross scenes. He also revealed that his favorite scene is one not found in the book.