23 Things to Do in a Ministry of Magic Elevator
Guaranteed to get you admitted to St. Mungo’s!
- When there’s only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and then pretend it wasn’t you.
- Push the buttons and pretend they jinx you. Wait for the effects of the ‘jinx’ to wear off, smile, and go back for more.
- Ask if you can push the button for other people, but intentionally push the wrong ones.
- Hold the doors open and say you’re waiting for a friend. After a while let the doors close and say, “Hi Greg. How’s your day been?”
- Drop a quill and wait until someone goes to pick it up and then scream, “That’s mine!”
- Bring a camera and take pictures of everyone in the elevator.
- Move your desk into the elevator and whenever anyone gets on ask if they have an appointment.
- Lay down a Muggle Twister mat and ask people if they would like to play.
- Randomly ask “Did you feel that?” When they look at you curiously, begin to explain your theory that a troll has made its way into the building, become more panicked by the minute.
- Stand really close to someone, sniffing them occasionally. As they are getting off, tell them you “know of a potion that can cure that…”
- When the doors close, announce to the others in a voice of forced calm, “It’s okay, don’t panic, they open again!”
- Swat at flying memos which don’t exist.
- Call out, “Group hug!” and then enforce it. Use Imperius if necessary.
- Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering, “Shut up, all of you, just shut up!” Then explain that the Legilimency lessons are working a little too well.
- Crack open your briefcase or purse and peer inside periodically while whispering, “Got enough air in there?”
- Stand silently and motionless in the corner facing the wall, without getting off. If someone approaches you, turn around and try to bite them.
- Stare at another passenger for a while and then announce in horror, “You’re one of THEM!” and back away slowly.
- Charm one of your fingers to talk and use it to communicate with other passengers.
- Listen to the elevator walls with your Extendable Ears.
- Speak incantations when anyone presses a button. (Alohomora, for example)
- Stare manically and grin at another passenger for an extended amount of time before announcing, “I have new socks on.”
- Draw a little square on the floor with your wand and announce to the other passengers in an unnecessarily loud voice, “This is MY personal space!”
- If anyone questions any of your actions, claim to be under the influence of dark magic.
Submitted by: Erin