Episode 24 of “Reading, Writing, Rowling” explores how “Harry Potter” has more in common with Arthurian legend than wizards and magic swords.
- Mon, Aug 26
- Dolores Umbridge's birthday
- Tue, Aug 27
- 15th anniversary paperbacks with new cover art by Kazu Kibuishi
- Strike premieres on BBC One (UK)
- Thu, Aug 29
- Lenny Henry's birthday
- Fri, Aug 30
- Educational Decree No. 22 is passed
- Helene Karp's Birthday
- Peter Cartwright's birthday (RIP)
- Sat, Aug 31
- Hermione purchases Crookshanks
- Hermione and Ron become prefects
- Sun, Sep 1
- Harry's first ride on the Hogwarts Express
- Harry and Ron travel to Hogwarts via Ford Anglia
- Hermione receives Time-Turner
- “Queen, honey. Well, I’m just curious, when were you going to wake me up? After we’d had five kids?”
- September 25, 2009 – J.K. Rowling creates a Twitter account. As of 2013, she has 29 tweets.
Did You Know
- Albus Dumbledore sees his family in the Mirror of Erised, just as Harry Potter does.