RachelTon-Tongue Toffee just for you, though we promise it's been anti-jinxed to keep your tongues small!
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a medium saucepan, mix all ingredients and melt over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Without further stirring, boil until mixture reaches 290°F on a candy thermometer.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 12" pan and let cool until almost firm to the touch.
- Score surface into 2" squares with a sharp knife, but do not cut through completely. Allow to cool completely.
- When cool, break into pieces (this should be easier if toffee was properly scored).