Amazon.com Revealed as Beedle the Bard Buyer (UPDATED)
UPDATE: Amazon has updated their site with their first review of the tale The Wizard and the Hopping Pot. Use the links below to see that review and more as they are posted.
The online retail store has announced on their website that they made the $3.98 million purchase of Tales of Beedle the Bard at the Sotheby's-hosted charity auction today. Along with this announcement, they have released several details about the book:
– The book is 157 pages.
– Amazon plans to “take the book on tour to libraries and schools so that kids can get a look at the magic in the Bard's own handwriting.”
– Amazon will not be making a print version of the book (they have no rights to publishing its contents).
– On this page, you can find several high quality pictures of the book in all its glory. At the bottom of the page there is a video where JK Rowling's note to the buyer is read.
– Amazon promises reviews of all five tales included in Beedle the Bard.
– Official press release right here.
For more information about today's bid, click here.