Christmas Pudding by Leeza
Leeza What a great way to bring in the holiday cheer on Christmas Eve: a delicious Christmas pudding.
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup mincemeat pie filling
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Grease one 2-quart lidded pudding mold.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, butter, mincemeat, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin. Add to the flour mixture and mix together until smooth. Pour into pudding mold.
- Place a rack in a large pot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil. Place the pudding on the rack. Cover pot and steam for 2 1/2 hours.
- Check the pot occasionally and add more water if needed.
- Check pudding for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. When firm, remove pudding from pot. Place pudding on a rack to cool. Unmold after 10 minutes.
- Mix together all sauce ingredients. Serve pudding with sauce as desired.
- If you don't have a container with a lid that will work, wrap your dish in plastic wrap tightly, then again in aluminum foil.