Quidditch Player’s Pie
Quidditch Player's Pie
Quidditch Player's Pie is a version of the shepherd's pie enjoyed many times in the Great Hall, especially before a rough game of Quidditch. This dish was chosen to be a part of a pre-game dinner. That is probably because it is a very filling, hearty meal.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef lean
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 oz. carrot frozen (optional)
- 5 oz. peas frozen (optional)
- potatoes mashed
- cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown beef in a large skillet.
- When beef is cooked, remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, combine water and onion soup mix, covering to cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour and milk together in a small bowl. Then add to skillet.
- Cook this mixture until a nice gravy forms.
- Add cooked beef and veggies, if desired, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour beef mixture into dish.
- Spread potatoes into a layer on top of the beef mixture.
- Bake in over on 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and return to oven just until cheese is melted.