Dawn French to embark on first solo tour
Dawn French, the British comic actress who portrayed the Fat Lady in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is set to embark on her first solo tour.
The award-winning actress and best-selling novelist has written a new show based on her life and career titled 30 Million Minutes. French said,
I’m sick with excitement about this solo tour. I am enjoying the fact that I can’t categorise exactly what it is, but it’s somewhere between a monologue, a play, and an autobiographical slide show with a few funnies thrown in.
The show, which will be directed by renowned theater director Michael Grandage, starts in Sheffield in June and runs until September.
For a full list of tour dates, see below:
- Sheffield, Lyceum Theatre – June 5-8
- Glasgow, Glasgow Pavilion – June 10-12
- Derby, Assembly Rooms Derby – June 13
- Buxton, Opera House Buxton – June 14
- Llandudno, Venue Cymru – June 15-16
- Birmingham, New Alexandra Theatre – June 18-20
- Brighton, Theatre Royal – June 23-28
- Bradford, Alhambra Theatre – July 2-5
- Southend-On-Sea, Southend Cliffs Pavilion – July 6
- Dublin, Olympia Theatre – July 9-10
- York, York Barbican Centre – July 12
- Cardiff, New Theatre – July 17-18
- Crawley, Hawth Theatre – July 23-24
- Reading, Hexagon Theatre – July 25-27
- Dartford, Orchard Theatre Dartford – July 30-August 2
- Bromley, Churchill Theatre – September 8-9
- Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes Theatre – September 18
- Ipswich, Ipswich Regent Theatre – September 22
- Newcastle Upon Tyne, Mill Volvo Tyne Theatre – September 26
Tickets are now on sale. Will you be going to see Dawn on tour in the UK this summer? Let us know in the comments.